Chris Komarek

City Administrator | Email

Kim Schartz

City Clerk | Email

Stephanie Dunnaway

Utility Clerk/City Treasurer | Email

Liz Nolan

Administrative Assistant | Email

104 East 2nd Street
Ellinwood, KS  67526

Ph: (620) 564-3161
Fx: (620) 564-3375


Monday – Friday
7:00 am – 4:00 pm

Business licenses are not required in the City of Ellinwood for most businesses.  However, all potential business owners, including home businesses must verify their business location is properly zoned before starting business.

Business licenses are required for the following contractors:

  • Electrical
  • Plumbing/Sewer
  • Mechanical/Heating/Air Conditioning
  • Building (includes remodel, roofing, siding)

Cereal Malt Beverage License

A business must submit a cereal malt beverage application to the City Clerk 10 days in advance of the city council meeting at which they will be considered.  Applications are available at the City Office, 104 East 2nd.

License fees are as follows:

  • General Retailer – $100 – for consumption on premises
  • Limited Retailer – $50 – original and unopened containers not for
    consumption on the premises.

A $25 Kansas Department of Revenue Stamp Fee and a fee for a background
check will also be included in the total fee.

After the application is submitted, it will go to the City Council for approval. Once it is approved, the license will be delivered or mailed to the business. If it is not approved, the business will receive a letter stating the reasons why the request was denied.

Liquor License

An annual city liquor license of $100 is required for the following business:

  • A business holding a license issued by the state director of alcoholic beverage control for the retail sale of alcoholic liquors for consumption off the premises
  • A business granted a private club license by the State of Kansas
  • A business granted a drinking establishment license by the State of Kansas

Upon presentation of the state liquor license and payment of the $100 fee, a city license will be issued for the same time period covered by the state license.